Server IP: play.skaia.us
Page
of 3

Suggestions about the future of SkaiaCraft

22 replies
Thewhales Donor
Charms:
+295
Jack and I were talking some time ago. I came up with an idea to start a fundraising campaign (something like kickstarter or GoFundMe). The other thing was to redesign the launcher's interface, getting it a makeover. I offered to help, but due to computer issues I was not able to do so. Jack had some amazing ideas for it.
Posted Nov 14, 16
Useful
Agree
List
Undo
Reflxction PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+1,432
#Take_A_Break_And_Donate
Let's spread this all around the galaxy

Psst, what happened to the "random advertising"? I used to click it every time it appears. Wasn't this enough? Meh
YJihico.gif
Posted Nov 14, 16
Nelly∞ OwnerDev
N_Sh @ vanilla.skaia.us
Charms:
+3,547
wrote:
#Take_A_Break_And_Donate
Let's spread this all around the galaxy

Psst, what happened to the "random advertising"? I used to click it every time it appears. Wasn't this enough? Meh
Ads are not run often. We only made "a few dollars", since this was implemented.
Posted Nov 14, 16
<3
List
Undo
roasie123 Premium
Charms:
+77
Just take up bye's offer its pretty solid and he's a rich ass boy
Posted Nov 14, 16
Agree
List
Undo
Varoux VIP+
Charms:
+827
Why not remove paintball? Less money more life
"I Swear Dyro is on drugs" - Jack 2017
Posted Nov 14, 16
No
List
Undo
Sev Vanilla-OPPUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+659
Here are the ideas that came to my mind:
1. Launch a Patreon. I know that this was mentioned before, and the idea was rejected. But, there are three reasons why I think Patreon might be still a good idea:
(a) Patreon allows you to receive monthly income rather than one-time donations. I speculate that most people forget to donate every month, or just don't feel like pressing that button again and again. Or some of them do not visit the website often, and they cannot donate from the game client. Now, with Patreon, they could subscribe once and donate 2 dollars every month without the need to log in to this website every time. 2 bucks is definitely not a big deal for them, and it might become a huge income source for Skaia once we get about 20-40 patrons (this might take a year)
(b ) Patreon accepts both Paypal and Payoneer, and it works with debit cards too, which is quite unique.
(c) Patreon is free to set up, and you can withdraw both to your Paypal and Payoneer accounts. So, maybe it is worth a shot after all?

2. Decrease hack protection. As far as I know, hack shield plugins make the game lag. After Skaia implemented Knight dev's anti hack add-ons, the lag became really awful. Most people (especially the ones from the US and UK, who are usually potential donors) find this lag unbearable and leave. I might be wrong, but what if we enhance server performance by reducing hack prevention defenses? yeah, there might appear more hackers, and the solution to that would be to recruit more OP's. Also, allow OP's to read tickets related to hack reports. I speculate that if we will have at least one well-trained OP present online at every time of day, with the appropriate tools to catch and IP-block hackers, we could save on most hack shields. This would mean less expenses for the server and less lag.

3. Attract new members by motivating people to vote. The diamonds reward is quite amazing, but most people still don't vote because: (a) They don't know how to, (b ) they do know how to vote,but they don't know how to bookmark the voting pages, thus they find it boring to click link per link, and (c ) They don't know what exact rewards they get for ranking among the top voters of the month list.
Daisy and me are currently making a video that explains how to vote through the 13 links in only one minute and how to purchase rare item tokens with website points. Once the video is done, you could feature it in the home page if you want to, so people would hopefully become more informed about the voting process and the rewards they get.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now.
Hope this makes sense to you, guys :) (especially the owners)
How to get 20 mob spawners in one minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TLDFd5mbBg
Posted Nov 14, 16 · Last edited Nov 14, 16 by Sev
Useful
<3
List
Undo
Top Voter
Charms:
+395
Something like a side job ?
XD_Face.png
Posted Nov 15, 16
ZedPool Co-OwnerDevVanilla-OP
Charms:
+2,706
wrote:
Thing is, how much are you gonna sell it for. Maybe ZedPool would buy it lol he spent like $250 xD

No. I wouldn't be able to afford the price of the server every month. Even if I buy it, I would not be able to afford all the things that come with it. Plus as busy as I am with college and school, I couldn't take on the responsibility as the main owner.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-A-Gi4heb9AOXBpGn_0C1Q

tumblr_o2khd0cNr01uxd9fzo1_500.gif
Posted Nov 15, 16
FriendliestNerd PUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+160
any1 knows any video editor in the app store? (mac only)
Posted Nov 15, 16
ZedPool Co-OwnerDevVanilla-OP
Charms:
+2,706
I use quite a few on my Mac. My major in the college I go to is 'Video Broadcasting' I make videos professionally and am quite good at editing them. The ones I use, I bought all of them. But there are a few free ones I can recommend you to.

PM me and we can start talking about this. (:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-A-Gi4heb9AOXBpGn_0C1Q

tumblr_o2khd0cNr01uxd9fzo1_500.gif
Posted Nov 16, 16
Page
of 3
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
18 / 300
NoticeNotices