Server IP: play.skaia.us
Page
of 2

Revive SkaiaCraft. Bring it back to it’s former glory.

17 replies
Charms:
+27
Look, I’ve been playing SkaiaCraft since 2013 on my Cracked account, Mancan7, and then later my premium account, Mancan76. A couple months ago, my computer broke, and I had to leave Skaia for a little while. Now, I’ve come back, since my computer was fixed. And my question is, What Happened? There used to be almost 50-100 players on Factions, and now there’s only 8 on average. I want to know, why did people leave?
And more importantly,

How do we get them back?

So here’s my idea. So you see on other servers that I’ve played on in the past, they have a system where, yes they have portals and commands to different servers, but the also have a compass, that when right clicked, brings up a menu (similar to the shop menu) of the servers, and each server is represented by an item, for example, Skaia Factions would be a sword, Cueball Craft would be a snowball, and other servers would be etc. the reason I bring this up is because, I logged on for the first time in a couple months, and I couldn’t figure out how to get out of spawn. I also saw many players, most of which had never played on Skaia before, ( it tells you in chat ) and I noticed that after a couple of minutes, most of them left. It occurred to me that, they didn’t know HOW to get out of spawn, so they couldn’t play. And the people that were in the Factions and Cueball servers, after a couple of hours, I noticed that they had been playing Skaia for a long time.

This is just a suggestion, I’ve got no power over the server, but I think that if we make spawn a lil bit easier to get through, we could get back to those numbers of 100+ players on Factions and 50+ players on Cueball. I’ve added a poll here so that we can tell The Skaia staff what we want to be done, and maybe, just maybe, they’ll listen. I just don’t want a server that I’ve enjoyed for so many years to just die. Thanks for your consideration.
Change the spawn system. It could help!
19 votes
86.4%
I think the current system is just fine. It doesn’t need any changes.
3 votes
13.6%
Number of voters: 22
Posted Oct 29, 17 · OP
Agree
<3
Creative
List
Undo
Charms:
+130
wrote:
Look, I’ve been playing SkaiaCraft since 2013 on my Cracked account, Mancan7, and then later my premium account, Mancan76. A couple months ago, my computer broke, and I had to leave Skaia for a little while. Now, I’ve come back, since my computer was fixed. And my question is, What Happened? There used to be almost 50-100 players on Factions, and now there’s only 8 on average. I want to know, why did people leave?
And more importantly,

How do we get them back?

So here’s my idea. So you see on other servers that I’ve played on in the past, they have a system where, yes they have portals and commands to different servers, but the also have a compass, that when right clicked, brings up a menu (similar to the shop menu) of the servers, and each server is represented by an item, for example, Skaia Factions would be a sword, Cueball Craft would be a snowball, and other servers would be etc. the reason I bring this up is because, I logged on for the first time in a couple months, and I couldn’t figure out how to get out of spawn. I also saw many players, most of which had never played on Skaia before, ( it tells you in chat ) and I noticed that after a couple of minutes, most of them left. It occurred to me that, they didn’t know HOW to get out of spawn, so they couldn’t play. And the people that were in the Factions and Cueball servers, after a couple of hours, I noticed that they had been playing Skaia for a long time.

This is just a suggestion, I’ve got no power over the server, but I think that if we make spawn a lil bit easier to get through, we could get back to those numbers of 100+ players on Factions and 50+ players on Cueball. I’ve added a poll here so that we can tell The Skaia staff what we want to be done, and maybe, just maybe, they’ll listen. I just don’t want a server that I’ve enjoyed for so many years to just die. Thanks for your consideration.
The thing is, SkaiaCraft already has something like a hub, /hub to pull up a menu with everything. However, I do agree that the server needs something that appeals more than a command, that could go in the hotbar. I like your suggestions, and I feel that if the server implements them in one by one, there could be a bigger community. And now, for my suggestion. SkaiaCraft's community has dwindled in one year. This could be because of the minigames. When someone comes on, I see them ask "How do I get to the minigames?" I reply "We have SkyWars, /warp sw TNTrun, /warp tnt, shoveybuddies, /warp shove, and parkour, /warp pk." They reply "Those are old minigames, how about newer ones?" Just a suggestion, adding new minigames might boost the community.
banner_orange.png
Posted Oct 29, 17
Agree
Creative
List
Undo
Charms:
+21
I got the same conclusion, when I went to the skaia spawn (I normaly play cueball), I had no idea of what to do either, maybe even a "starters tips book" would be nice.
Posted Oct 29, 17
Agree
List
Undo
ParadoxFox_ Co-OwnerVanilla-OP
Charms:
+2,025
I'm working on something to get Factions droves of new players. Just sit tight-- it should be done within a month.

As for the spawn, yeah I think it does need to change, but I'm not sure what it needs. I'll edit this post if any ideas hit me.
Hail Hydra
Posted Oct 30, 17 · Last edited Oct 30, 17 by ParadoxFox...
Agree
Glad Pepe
List
Undo
Thewhales Donor
Charms:
+295
I've been trying to communicate this for a long time. THE NOOBS ARE CONFUSEd!
Posted Oct 30, 17
Agree
Funny
List
Undo
Banned
Charms:
+197
For vanilla it might help to give nubs a starter kit with food >.> most noobs either starve or are killed by one of the rouge zombies walking into spawn.
Leader of the Nightwalkers; you may not see us, but we see you
Posted Oct 30, 17
Useful
List
Undo
Jack Owner
Charms:
+5,110
the confusion is because Hub is its own server.

theres /help, /warp wild, /spawn, /hub, portals and signs everywhere. if you dont know how to get started its because youre not trying anything.
Posted Nov 1, 17
Agree
Sad Pepe
List
Undo
Charms:
+27
Look man, when I got on, I didn't see any signs. All I saw was an OP factions sign. And the portal is really far away. And not all people are smart enough to aim for the specific pressure plate that launches you to the portal. You may be right jack, there may be signs everywhere. But where do the noobs (and me) look for them?

Look, even if there are commands and stuff, people might not use them. Not because they're not trying, but because they are looking for something easy to use. They aren't wanting to have to type in a whole bunch of commands to be able to get started. I think they need something more eye catching and appealing, or at least a beginners manual book of some sort. I'm not saying you gotta listen to me, I'm just saying that this might help.

Also if there is more than one post written it's because my PC failed and posted 3 things instead of one
Posted Nov 1, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 2, 17 by GapsMN
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
18 / 300
NoticeNotices