Server IP: play.skaia.net
Page
of 3

Concern Redstone changes?

25 replies
Charms:
+47
I just logged in to Cueballcraft to find out my redstone contraptions are no longer working like they're intended to do so... I built them in a test world first then made exact copies on the server a long time ago (like 2 or 3 months ago). I had no troubles with them whatsoever, not even lagg seemed to fiddle with them. They depend on Hoppers and Comparators mainly to work, perhaps something got changed to make them less l.aggy?
Posted Feb 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 12, 18 by Prazy
Charms:
+47
The word l.aggy (without the point) changes into wowy...? wowy
Posted Feb 12, 18 · OP
Synd Co-Owner
Charms:
+257
Could you not double post please you can accumulate a warning point and if anymore than 3 your account may get banned
banner_red.png
Posted Feb 12, 18
Sad Pepe
List
Undo
Charms:
+47
I'm sorry, next time I'll be more careful.
Posted Feb 12, 18 · OP
Synd Co-Owner
Charms:
+257
Thank you Prazy!
banner_red.png
Posted Feb 12, 18
Jack Owner
Charms:
+5,018
Yes we changed something involving Hoppers, but we changed it back. so your thing shouldnt be having problems. what exactly is happening differently?
Posted Feb 12, 18
Charms:
+47
Let's see, I hope I can explain it here :p. I can't check it right now on server but if I remember correctly...

It's an item shop, with 2 Grist (stackable) for 1 product ratio (E. Books so non-stackable)
- This means I have to turn two Grist's into one signal to release a single book
1. I solved this with the Grists being Hropper'd into a Dropper which shoots out the Grists at a slow pace using a slowed down Comparator clock, so it's easy to count them even if a bunch of them gets thrown in at once.
2. Then when they flow further into a Hopper one by one it detects when two of them is piled up in it and lets them go into the final Chest at the end while sending a single signal.

When I was on, the two main parts that I labeled as "1." and "2." seemed to be out of sync somehow... The "1." Dropper part became faster compared to the other. The Comparator clock seemed to go at the normal speed, that I remembered. The problem was with the "2." part: the Hopper before the final Chest is hooked up to a Comparator, it gave off power for too long, while the Hopper over-flowed with currency from the Dropper.

The whole contraption also had a problem, that is a locked Hopper just didn't get unlocked when it got a signal to do so.

My conclusion is Hoppers kept their items for longer when they should've let them flow into another container. They... updated slower?

SIDE NOTE: I like to come up with stuff myself (although I did look up some stuff), so these... things I built might be overcomplicated. I hope it doesn't make much lagg! (it doesn't have any continuously working parts)

Thank you for the quick response, indeed the best cracked server there is!
Posted Feb 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 12, 18 by Prazy
Nelly∞ OwnerDev
Charms:
+3,275
I made another change. If this hopper time difference continues, post here again just saying there was no change. Thank you.
Posted Feb 12, 18
Kinomega Vanilla-OP
Top Voter
Charms:
+61
I think y'all should have better communications when theres updates like this, because most ops on cueball didn't know about it which resulted to my ban for 'Shop scamming' because of a broken hopper. Just sayin.
d4ae09e088c14c30.png
Posted Feb 12, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Charms:
+47
There was no change, the same thing happens again.
Posted Feb 13, 18 · OP
Page
of 3
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
39 / 348
NoticeNotices