Server IP: play.skaia.net

Is there other ways skaiacraft can earn money other than donor? ( suggestion to donor )

5 replies
Charms:
+99
Here are some reasons I want donor changed for removed:
1: it is unfair to shop owners and players because donors camp there and kill any incoming customers.
2: donor is too op ( both sword and armor ), because you cant match up to donor using normal enchantments. An example will be that an item is not totally " Unbreakable ". Additionally, you cant combine Protection IV and Fire Protection IV on a weapon unless you use commands. Same with the sword, Smite and Sharpness cant be combined on a weapon.
3: donors get too carried away with the items contained with the donor. For example donors brag about that donor and they think that they are invincible if they had donor. ( technically they are invincible and i am not saying all donors brag ,so dont get me wrong here)
4: I am afraid the server may be shut down. By the EULA rules of Mojang you cant sell any too op weapon for real life money. ( please read reason 2 again if necessary )

One change that I suggest so the server can earn money other than donor:
That Change will be that instead of donor you can use " server boosters ". When you donate the hole server gets some kind of " boost ". That way no player will complain that a donor has more than them. One thing is that the " server booster " has to be distributed among everyone equally.

Thanks for reading this post and I hope the owners, staff, and community can make a fair change for everyone.
Posted Feb 25, 18 · OP
Approve
Don't...
List
Undo
iCodeHit AdminVIP
Charms:
+54
Have you ever played the other servers that Skaia has to offer? Donor Armour and the Sword is just a small percent of how SkaiaCraft actually gets money.
This is a bad idea, as us donors have bought the armour to 1, support the server 2, have a better and smoother experience on CueballCraft.
Soon when PVP will be enabled 24/7 (March 1st) I vote that donor items can only be for people who ACTUALLY bought the items.
Most of the people that have donor did not buy it, they brag that they killed us donors or they even duped it (which is bannable).
There is actually a small percent of cueball who even bought donor. The people who bought donor don't nearly brag as much as donor killers, or even never bragged.
I'm donor and I never once bragged about me having donor.

The point I am trying to make is, have donor items only for people who want to support the server and who want to make the experience smoother.
If you kill a donor, then let the items disappear and they won't get the items.

We are supporters of the server, who spent money on these items. The people you see who are bragging and make the experience worse for people did N O T buy it.
Posted Feb 26, 18
Don't...
List
Undo
RagedEclipse Vanilla-OP
Top Voter
Charms:
+799
Enabling a PTW item with only the $ People able to buy them would not smooth out players’ experiences. It would only make the buyer’s experience better since he can kill anyone. Everyone without the PTW item would have a worse experience as they get killed again and again without a chance of getting anything good out of it. Letting non-donor people have at least a chance of getting the items is better than running away from useless pvp since you wouldnt even get the armor. That would worsen the pvp in the server.

Yes, a lot of the current armor in the server is duped, but whats to stop it from being duped all over again. Also, a lot of people including myself have killed many people with legal donors.

Making donor a Buy-Only item would severely unbalance the already shifty pvp situation in cueballcraft.

The only way to solve the issue is to remove donor all together.

oh, and dont hide behind the ‘we bought it to support the server’ if u just wanted to support the server, you wouldnt care what happens to Donor armor. the $20 is already theirs

And according to the shop logs on the shop page, the last three people to buy donor armor (mickesensei 9v and reds_bro) were all in October last year, so its not like its making money lol
The end of february will be 5 months of the 6 month /kit period, so once that period ends, noone will have /kit oparmor. which means, since noone will have the subscription to it, they could remove it altogether right?
banner_orange.png
Posted Feb 26, 18 · Last edited Feb 26, 18 by RagedEclip...
Approve
List
Undo
Nelly∞ OwnerDev
Charms:
+3,238
Hi

Thanks for the post, though I see no one has voted on it. Due to upcoming removal of PVP off times, the best course of action is to lower the enchant level on this item to the maximum that can be done by books (IV). This will still be more op than normal, as what SuperNavoei said, some enchants can not be combined normally. But at least the server will be much fairer to players that work hard instead of paying.

VI versions will automatically start to disappear, and I've just put this into effect.

Removed Donor Armor Rules. More things are automated. Follow the main rules and you should be fine!

/kit oparmor can now be used every 1 day instead of 4 days.
Posted Feb 26, 18 · Last edited Feb 26, 18 by Nelly&infi...
Approve
List
Undo
lil glucose Premium+VIP
Charms:
+101
You lot need to calm down, just get used to it! Things are changing and you need to adapt to it, If you keep on dying dont moan and cry about your stuff GO GET IT BACK. Work to kill them, This server is Kill; Or be Killed just like the streets so dont expect everything to be served for you. Get. Used. To. It.

P.S: If you are a shop owner and do get killed along side the customers then theres this thing called using common sense, just dont open the shop when pvp is on or you can advertise in /w and if that wont get you enough customers just open the shop when pvp is off like i said +it gets you more customers since more people are on when pvp is off.
Posted Feb 27, 18 · Last edited Feb 27, 18 by lil glucos...
Approve
Don't...
List
Undo
Charms:
+245
Off of what you said luco, perhaps we should make it so that you can ban someone from your home. I've found that when you make a home public (like for a store), you can't make it so specific people can't come back, if we could make this the case, you could make a simple blacklist to get rid of the ones cause trouble. Also, when you do find one causing trouble, and you have uninvited them, but they are still there and won't leave, it should also be made possible so that when some is on your claim (and you are too) you can run a command that will boot them off to either spawn or their home. This way they can't camp and kill customers.
Posted Mar 4, 18
Approve
Don't...
List
Undo
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
38 / 348
NoticeNotices