Server IP: play.skaia.net

Suggestions for Creative

2 replies
Kukkurloom ModPUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+219
I really like the server and I really appreciate that the server staff hears out the community's feedback and acts on it. At least that is my experience as almost all the bugs or mistakes I have found have been fixed. This time I have a bit different of suggestions, but they still serve the purpose of making the gaming experience for newcomers better and maybe they will help to build a playerbase for creative.

These are just how I feel, but I do hope they will at least be considered and given feedback on so that at some point there might be found a middle ground everyone can agree on.

The original spawn area (where players still spawn when they fist arrive) used to be horribly destroyed and had lava poured all over it. The commutity as regular creative players did their best to clean it up little by little, but the lag was horrible and players usually gave up pretty quickly as it seemed hopeless and pointless, but I dedicated like three days to clean everything up manually and some with W/E and like 100 claimblocks (let me tell you, it was not fun). So I take all the griefing that occurs there like an personal assault. The main thing I try to solve with these suggestion is griefing, but they help in general.

• Players should start off with more claimblocks and the generation of claimblocks should be faster.
    Griefers seem to see unclaimed buildings as an open invitation to go and wreak havoc. Most of the "lava sculptures" are put onto builds players have created, they are also destroyed by breaking blocks the most often because punching the ground doesn't do too much damage. Claimed bases are usually mostly left alone. Also, if the build is left unprotected by the player and is later griefed, the builder probably is very dicouraged and will leave it like it is, a new player probably will not report it and just stop playing - that means the server just lost a potential player, the griefer is left unpunished and the building is still destroyed. I have seen many players complain that they can't claim their build because they don't have enough claimblocks as they start off with few and the generation of them is super slow.
  • More staff and quicker reaction time to reports on griefing
    I'm not blaming anyone, all the staff here is super friendly and helpfull, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I have never seen actual Creative staff and I think it is something the server really needs. I have tried my best to help the newcomers, but there are things I just can't do for them. If there is a problem that is reported, someone will eventually come, but I don't think that's enough for a server that is just starting off. If griefers are reported and there are complaints of destroyed areas, they should be fixed as soon as possible which isn't really possible if there aren't dedicated staff for that server. The point of cleaning up the mess at spawn is that players won't get any bad ideas. A messed up starting area might leave the impression that griefing is ok and is left unpunished and if the mess isn't regularly cleaned up, about half of the griefers will be unpunished because it will be hard to notice every single one of the mess makers if there are thousands of lava and water sources placed everywhere, and half the blocks in the buildings gone.
  • Unclaimed builds in the spawn area should be removed
    I am talking about the old builds that were started or even finished, but are left unattended with nobody claiming them and the builder hasn't been on for a while. The argument is the same as in the first point - unclaimed builds are more likely to get griefed. I have rebuild so many of them, but I also have taken down quite a few, because at some point I just don't know how to build them - they are missing more blocks than are left of them and leaving this floating pile of rubble also seems wrong as it will just get lava poured all over it again.

NB: Yes, an argument could be made that the players should just do /rtp and build somewhere else, but some of them don't and it isn't really an argument. Some of them want to build near spawn because they want to be part of a village/town/community, maybe some of them want their builds to be seen or maybe they just don't realize that they can do /rtp.

Other players are more than welcome to leave their ideas here too and maybe together as a community we will find answers to all this. I also hope nobody takes this to heart, because I didn't mean it that way, I just want to help :)
The science side of Skaia... maybe... lets blow something up...
Posted Apr 6, 18 · OP
iCodeHit ModVIP
Charms:
+64
As far as I know, you get 100 claim blocks per hour you play the server. So the more time you spend with us, the more claim blocks you recieve.

If you are looking for a fast way to receive claim blocks, you may purchase them from here:
Creative Shop
Scroll all the way down on the website, and you will see these:
1000 claim blocks - $9.99
3000 claim blocks - $19.99

Also since you haven't really been playing our cueball server, I believe you can transfer your claim blocks from there to creative. It seems you always get griefed, so claim your builds!

I would love to be creative staff, but the thing is I would love for the Vanilla OPs (like me) would have their OP on Creative too! I'd personally love to play Creative, but am sad that my rank isn't on there!
Posted Apr 9, 18
Kukkurloom ModPUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+219
In my experience it isn't 100 blocks in an hour, I have played quite a bit, but I can't tell it would be this quick, I have had to buy in game quite a few claimblocks.

Just because I have made a number of "creative has been griefed" reports, doesn't mean they have been my builds (with one exspetion, but it was a build for the server itself that is wayyyy too big for me to claim it), I keep an eye on the area around the player spawn and the new spawn for the server, those are the areas that get griefed a lot and there are many unclaimed builds.

The Cueball transfer thin is something I've wanted to deal with for a while, but I keep putting it off as I have other things to deal with, but one day... x)

I too applyed for Creative staff and as more and more people seem to start playing on there, I hope soon there will be an actual staff team for that part of Skaia too :)
The science side of Skaia... maybe... lets blow something up...
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
27 / 348
NoticeNotices