Server IP: play.skaia.net
Page
of 3

New players should have their pvp off, for some time

25 replies
Charms:
+23
New players. These things that are prone to easy killing from other players. With their crummy iron stuff, how can
they stand up for themselves in the server, where pros that like killing noobs are?

Okay, I hope you get a rough idea.

I want new players that join cueball, to have their pvp set to off for 3 weeks after that. This will give them enough
time to get good diamond stuff to be able to defend themselves, after that 3 weeks.

I hope you guys understand why I want pvp off for new players for 3 weeks after joining
I agree with you!
12 votes
63.2%
Meh
5 votes
26.3%
I disagree with you! (Please put reason down below)
2 votes
10.5%
Number of voters: 19
Poll is closed
Posted May 5, 18 · OP
Approve
List
Undo
enderstyve Skaia-God
Charms:
+20
This is a reasoned, realistic and long-term aimed solution that will allow pvp-diven players to continue enjoying the game, as well as allowing New players to see the entire server without being directly thrown into the fear of getting killed by experienced players and having the possibility to quit the server after that. Its the best for both.

Further more: The time of 3 weeks can be agreed on Later & New players should start with having /pvp off since they wouldn't know the use of the command at first.

I fully agree with this for both the passive & pvp players' sake

Best,
Enderstyve
Posted May 5, 18 · Last edited May 5, 18 by enderstyve
Banned
Charms:
+100
I disagree for no reason
Posted May 5, 18
Charms:
+75
i agree but not for 3 weeks 1 week is enough and they should be able to cancel it in advance
Posted May 5, 18
Charms:
+23
Firefistasce, one week is indeed enough, after thinking, and about the cancellation.... Its a good idea! This way people who wanna live on the danger side can do so!

Like say if a player joins for first time,in 5 minutes, the chat will ask if the user wants his pvp off for a week/on
Then the user says "Yes" in chat if he wants it off for 1 week after. If otherwise, then he should say "No" into the chat

Yeah, your ideas are useful to me firefistasce
Posted May 5, 18 · OP
enderstyve Skaia-God
Charms:
+20
Requesting for this thread to be moved to the Vanilla section <<<

I think 3 weeks is too much, although a week is sufficient at minimum, I still think it's a bit too short since most people have weekdays and days where they cannot play, I think around 2 weeks will be good.

Unless there is a way of measuring the hours online and having the /PvP command accessible for the first 20 hours of gametime (this way they will only have 20 hours with the command... And they may choose when to play, even if they log in the server first time and play later in a few weeks.

Best,
Enderstyve
Posted May 5, 18
lil glucose Premium+VIP
Charms:
+101
Its not even a good idea to be honest, when i first joined there was way more pvpers and i got killed many many times and never quit cus there is no point of giving up when you can outsmart them. Its not fun when pvp is disabled for certain new players then they see they have 3 weeks off of pvp, but hey back to the example. Just look at me now ^^
Posted May 5, 18
Charms:
+75
the point is the new people should have a pvp off time for a certain time but they can turn it on if they so desire within that certain time ( the default should be off )
Posted May 5, 18
Charms:
+23
Im suprised by the positive response on the most side! I also bought my charms up, but thats not the point. So yup, OvO thinks this is a good idea, and I look forward to this feature being added for the enjoyment of new players!
Posted May 5, 18 · OP
Charms:
+3
Maybe 1 week time should be enough for new players to get settled and become able to defend themselves. And also they should have a option to toggle their pvp on/off for that 1 week. So that they don't miss anything.
Posted May 6, 18
Page
of 3
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
39 / 348
NoticeNotices