Server IP: play.skaia.net
Page
of 2

Why are Iron golem spawners illegal

17 replies
izzydalord Premium+
Charms:
+4
Yeah alright there is a little point in that but still why not ask the players make a vote see what the players want; i myself think that it's pretty good to have ig spawners because even in the old days people LOVED making their homes with iron blocks.So, why not make it lots of iron blocks for 1 grist for an ex (32 iron blocks for 1 grist) Or like my last advice just remove the trade from iron to grist ._.
Posted Jun 14, 18
Agree
Glad Pepe
List
Undo
Charms:
+258
It's like this, Not the fact that it's an easy way to get "that muula" or even about the lag. With recent additions and features, an illusion of the bukit version of minecraft covered our beloved Vanilla Server.. we forgot that "cub" was meant to be a semi vanilla server. They tried to "at least" disallowed mobs that needed the command block to be spawned and that's why it was moved to the illegal list back then.

I mean, It's maybe okay to add since you can already build vanilla farms "but", To spawn a golem with one of these farms, you need a fare amount of land space and to spawn it with the spawner, you need a 3x2 area. This means caos when multiple spawners are included. That's LAG LAG LAG for the other players along with yourself.

Just like creepers, Golems are not very easy to contain. Just build the ole fashion villager golem farm.
Two souls of the same intentions will always meet before death.
Posted Jun 14, 18
Agree
Useful
List
Undo
Funkyjunky PUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+52
i still dont get it . How pigman spawners or any other spawners is fine but not iron golem if all that matter is lag. Arent all types of mob spawners equally lagging? And Creepers blasts and hence they cause lag whereas iron golems doesnt blasts. They just go into the lava and die . Simple!

ANd if economy matters then a easy solution would be just remove the iron trade from the spawn villagers or just make iron to grists exchange cheap < maybe like 64 iron ingots = 1 grists or even like 32 blocks = 1 grists wil be just fine>
Posted Jun 15, 18
RagedEclipse Vanilla-OPMod
Top Voter
Charms:
+983
Alright, since you can’t listen to reason. Let me prove it to you with math and statistics.

In this demonstration, it will be a 1 spawner farm for simplification.

Spawners
• They will attempt to spawn 4 mobs every 10-39 seconds
• So for simplification, we will do 4 mobs every 15 seconds

Zombie Pigmen
• They drop 0-1 gold nuggets upon death
• As this situation will not be an xp farm but just a normal farm, we will not be counting gold ingot drops as they only drop when killed by a player

Iron Golems
• They drop 3-5 iron ingots upon death

Comparison / Results
• At the spawning rate of 4/15s, zombie pigmen will drop (4 pigmen x 1 nugget x (60/15) = ) 16 nuggets or 1.77 ingots per minute. At 20 gold ingots per 1 Grists, it’ll take roughly 11 minutes to get 1 grist from 1 spawner.
1 Zombie Pigman Spawner - 1 Grists per 11 Minutes
• At the spawning rate of 4/15s, iron golems will drop ( 4 golems x 3 ingots x (60/15) = ) 48 ingots per minute. At 30 iron ingots per 1 Grists, it’ll take roughly 0.625 minutes to get 1 grist from 1 spawner.
1 Iron Golem Spawner - 1 Grists per 0.625 Minutes

“Why not just make iron cost more?”
• To make iron production to profit equal gold production to profit, iron ingots would have to sell at 510 ingots per grist or 57 iron blocks.
Math ->
11 Minutes / 0.625 Minutes = 16.9 (17) meaning Iron Golems are 17x more efficient
30 iron ingots per grist x 17 = 510 ingots per grist
510 ingots / 9 ingots per block = 56.666 (57)

This would wreck our shop prices and everything would need changed, which took a while to even set them up like they are now. As one of you mentioned just removing iron selling completely, no. Iron is the most available resource in the world (not from spawners) we buy grists with. New players will mostly use iron to buy grists as they have iron the most.

(ALL MOB AND SPAWNER INFORMATION WAS FROM GAMEPEDIA MINECRAFT GUIDE)
banner_orange.png
Posted Jun 15, 18 · Last edited Jun 15, 18 by RagedEclip...
iCodeHit ModVIP
Charms:
+64
As what RagedEclipse just added, I'm requesting this thread to be locked. As this will never happen.
Posted Jun 15, 18
Informativ...
List
Undo
Kinomega Vanilla-OP
Top Voter
Charms:
+60
Y'all could've just read my first reply it's the same thing as what raged said and it would've ended there lol But thanks for the much detailed explanation raged
Posted Jun 16, 18 · Last edited Jun 16, 18 by Kinomega
Charms:
+12
NERD @raged
Posted Jun 16, 18 · Last edited Jun 16, 18 by Holmes
<3
List
Undo
りっか PUMPKINVIP+
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+1,571
Iron golem farms are indeed OP. Unlike my complicated Co-Operator logistician's hard to follow math, let me simplify it in a way you can understand.

Zombie Pigmen drop Gold Nuggets on death, which you turn into gold ingots at a 9:1 ratio.

Now, Iron Golems bypass that ratio and drop iron ingots.

Now, just for a second, imagine that all the nuggets in your farm's chests are actually ingots...

That means iron golem farms are 9 TIMES FASTER THAN GOLD FARMS

Which means the gold you have to tediously clear out is 9 TIMES LESS

Since you save time on removing the items out of your hopper chests, and also save time converting the nuggets into ingots, you can now see just HOW OP iron golem farms are.

The amount of time saved, plus the fact that they produce 9x more money, would be INSANE!

- りっか
Posted Jun 16, 18 · Last edited Jun 16, 18 by りっか
Informativ...
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
24 / 348