Server IP: play.skaia.net

Installed Forge using temporary workaround, now no sound.

5 replies
Charms:
I installed Forge using the information in this thread but now the sound doesn't work. While there are reports of that being a Forge issue the solutions that seemed to work for those posters aren't getting my sound back. Has anyone here had that issue after using the above method of installing Forge and gotten their sound to work again? I'm running on Linux Mint if that helps.

Mods currently installed are: Crafting Tweaks, Inventory Tweaks, Iron Chest, Stairway to Aether, and Veinminer. Pretty sure none of them should be interacting with soundfiles.

JVM arguments currently in use: -Xmx3G -Xms3G -Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10

Was using the same arguments in vanilla but my sound worked fine.
Posted Jul 11, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 11, 18 by redwulf25
Ali
Banned
Charms:
+20
waring! This may not help you deppending on what launcher you are using!
Hi,
Smart Guy wrote:
It's simple just follow what is below!

Answer:
What Launcher are you using?*
-Name
-From where

What version or Java are you using?*
-6,7,8 (or another version)

***This will be deleted soon***

Please answer the question.

-Ali Smart Guy & LolCrafter
Posted Jul 12, 18 · Last edited Jul 12, 18 by Ali
Charms:
Ali wrote:
Answer:
What Launcher are you using?*

I thought that would be obvious since I'm posting in the Skaiacraft launcher forum specifying that I installed Forge using a workaround created for the Skaiacraft launcher but I'm using the Skaiacraft launcher. Version 1.500. Since I'm using a cracked launcher I don't think the folks at the Forge forums would be willing to help. If I were using a cracked launcher other than Skaiacraft I would be asking on their forums.
Ali wrote:
What version or Java are you using?*
-6,7,8 (or another version)

OpenJDK Java 8 runtime.
Posted Jul 12, 18 · OP
Ali
Banned
Charms:
+20
The reason you want Forge is to make sure mods are compatible with each other, right? You have installed 5 mods.
I say the problems most probably be because of Iron Chest and Veinminer, they both involve sound-sound filles
Posted Jul 12, 18 · Last edited Jul 12, 18 by Ali
Charms:
Well I want Forge because it's the only way I know of to install mods at all. But removing all mods and running only Forge still results in no sound.I was hoping this would be a widely known problem with an equally known solution but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Let me look at my logs . . .

[net.minecraft.client.audio.SoundManager] appears to be warning me that all sounds are missing. They are not missing when I run vanilla.
Posted Jul 12, 18 · OP
Ali
Banned
Charms:
+20
LolCrafter wrote:
Hey clown fans! Everyone say 'Pretty please with (toxic) sugar on top'
Smart Guy wrote:
I'm smart, get an Non-Advertising Launcher (means: get fuly the cracked minecraft launcher that can be used on any server. So I mean you don't have to get a server's custom launcher and only be able to play on that server.) First do what is below if it does not work then do what you have just read a while ago.
For now backup your "saves" folder if you have any offline worlds. Then in delete the .minecraft folder and any other folders that was generated when you first installed (run) the launcher. Delete the launcher then re-download it once all the files and folders have been deleted, do this for now.
Posted Jul 13, 18 · Last edited Jul 13, 18 by Ali
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
25 / 348
NoticeNotices