Server IP: play.skaia.us
Page
of 2

Evaders

13 replies
Charms:
+32
Evaders are a big problem but blocking the way al240mario suggested, i think that would just make it more difficult on the innocent players...there are already a ton of tickets for the support staff to go through as it is and it could cause the innocent players to have to wait a long time before ever being to get back onto the accounts that were wrongly banned due to this problem...i agree something needs to be done about the evaders but i dont see that as a solution seeing as it may cause a bigger issue...unfortunately for the time being, evaders may be an issue we have to deal with 😞 Sorry Mario, not trying to target you personally or anything...
Posted Aug 29, 18
9jy VIP
Top Voter
Charms:
+125
These are some of my suggestions to prevent the huge banwaves for evasion.
1. Set up a verification system
There is a linking thing where you link your account to your Discord account to get your roles, but also it could be useful if all new players need to link their account to Discord, to the website or anything that can help.

They have to verify the account or else they will not have the ability to join other servers ( Vanilla, Factions, etc.) and remain muted in hub. Only one account can be linked to an account, however some people does not understand English, so maybe the server can offer a proper translation.

2. Implement a rule where there is a certain limit of alts per IP address
This is not effective but it would be helpful because this will definitely make their evading process slower. However, they must be in a computer cafe meaning that there is a possibility that one computer has a different from one another. Even though they have VPNs to create more new alts, if there is a limit of a number of alts then that means they have to switch VPNs and create new alts.

Not all staff are around all the time, even though they can handle it, it is just not right and we need to get improvements.
But the staff's purpose is to help and moderate the server? Well, I know that is what they need to do, but it is just annoying to see that the vanilla server's ban page is full of evader bans and false console bans. Speaking of the false console bans, it needs an upgrade!

I may not be a good member of the server, and I love it and it does not love me back. These are just my ideas and feel free to tell me your opinions about my suggestions down below.
Posted Aug 29, 18
Banned
Charms:
+101
wrote:
These are some of my suggestions to prevent the huge banwaves for evasion.
1. Set up a verification system
There is a linking thing where you link your account to your Discord account to get your roles, but also it could be useful if all new players need to link their account to Discord, to the website or anything that can help.

They have to verify the account or else they will not have the ability to join other servers ( Vanilla, Factions, etc.) and remain muted in hub. Only one account can be linked to an account, however some people does not understand English, so maybe the server can offer a proper translation.

2. Implement a rule where there is a certain limit of alts per IP address
This is not effective but it would be helpful because this will definitely make their evading process slower. However, they must be in a computer cafe meaning that there is a possibility that one computer has a different from one another. Even though they have VPNs to create more new alts, if there is a limit of a number of alts then that means they have to switch VPNs and create new alts.

Not all staff are around all the time, even though they can handle it, it is just not right and we need to get improvements.
But the staff's purpose is to help and moderate the server? Well, I know that is what they need to do, but it is just annoying to see that the vanilla server's ban page is full of evader bans and false console bans. Speaking of the false console bans, it needs an upgrade!

I may not be a good member of the server, and I love it and it does not love me back. These are just my ideas and feel free to tell me your opinions about my suggestions down below.
1. I'm not sure how that would help as evaders will just verify with fake accounts.

2. We already have a three account limit per IP.
Posted Aug 29, 18
9jy VIP
Top Voter
Charms:
+125
iCodeHit, If you ban people in discord, it is by IP and you both need a verified e-mail, and creating them sure must have a limit. Yes, they already have the three account limit per IP, but they are not taking it too strictly and does not result in any punishment. You can share your ideas too as well.
Posted Aug 29, 18
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
21 / 300
NoticeNotices