Server IP: play.skaia.net
Page
of 2

Rise and Fall

16 replies
Charms:
+20
As a veteran Skaia player from the year 2013, I’ve seen the rise and the fall of this server. I’ve seen empires rise.. and fall just as quickly. Skaiacraft used to be an empire. One of the most prestigious cracker servers that there was. But that was in 2013. Over the last several years, I’ve seen this server fall from grace. Down to a point of nothingness. Over the last several days, I’ve logged in a number of times. Every single time I logged in, I was the only player in the lobby. When I went to Factions, I was the only player in the Factions server. I went to CueballCraft a number of times as well, and the situation isn’t that much better there. Maybe 5-15 players. My point is, Skaiacraft is falling. Now more than ever, it needs something, or someone, to revive it. Honestly, for the first time in a long time, I’m afraid of the future of Skaiacraft. I’ve seen servers fall from grace before, and it always starts like this. The server’s player counts drop dramatically over the course of years. Then, no one does anything to fix it. Then, finally there ends up being not enough money to keep the server running, and it finally dies. Just look at the server. Look at the forums. Look at the top voters for the month. There weren’t even enough voters for the list! Something has to happen. I don’t want to see the server that I grew up with die. I know some of you won’t take this issue seriously, and some of you may think I’m exaggerating. But, think about it. Imagine Skaia in 2019. 2020. It’s very possible that there might not even BE a Skaia in 2020, or 2021. While I don’t have any power over this server, I do have the right to voice my concern.

(I found a LegoTheAssassin head in one of my old chests in one of my older 2015 worlds it brings back memories, doesn’t it? The rivalry between AssassinZ and Yellowblob26.. some of the most prestigious players in Skaia history..)
Posted Oct 5, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 7, 18 by Mancan7
Agree
List
Undo
Jack Owner
Charms:
+5,079
Yeah. its grim isnt it? i appreciate that you love the server so much. i have a few things to say in response to this depressing post:

THE SERVER IS NOT CLOSING, EVER. the reason im never closing it is because of pure irony. and, im actually able to keep it up forever, because i have a great job, and it pays well. if the server goes out of business because of lack of funds then i will pay for it with my own money. im not exactly rich though, mind you, and i would hate to have to do that.

in fact, if i ever did have to personally support the server, i would have already started shutting down that little hosting business that we are doing. hows that going? oh yeah, we host like 25 active servers right now. and they pay. if we ever had to shut all those guys down, they would not be happy. they are really supporting SkaiaCraft too without even realizing it. Yes, im a genius, youre welcome.

and finally id like to stress the fact again, as ive said many times, the big servers are killing us. everyone seems to be on those big servers that have cool stuff. hey, by the way, are there any Minecraft server Devs out there? we would love to hire you. youll have to come to us though.... we dont beg, and we dont post on Minecraft forums. too many immature kids these days.

tl;dr, if you want the server to have more players, then BE the player it needs.
Posted Oct 7, 18 · Last edited Oct 7, 18 by Nelly&infi...
<3
Informativ...
List
Undo
Charms:
+20
Thanks for your input. I’m glad to see that the situation isn’t as grim as I thought it was.

The situation does stand though. How do you bring back the player numbers that we had back in 2014 - 2016. I think the answer is to offer something that the big servers don’t have. Something that is unique to Skaia. For instance, back when Skaia was bigger, it was a time when Cracked Minecraft Clients were in rampant use. Many cracked servers such as Skaia were thriving back then. It was a time when Factions was the bigger server on Skaia, and not Cueball. But, as time passed, more people actually bought Minecraft. (such as myself) and while some of them continued to play Skaia, and whatever older cracked server they used to play on, many of them left their old servers for big servers like Mineplex or The Archon. Some servers caught wind of this, and then suddenly transferred over to Premium only, like Climaxcraft or Jessuocraft. (jessuocraft shut down a long time ago) So, the big servers got big, and the small servers began to die out. The small servers that survived were ones that offered a unique experience unlike what you would find at the big servers. Like 2b2t, or Spleefleague. That leads to the next question.. what could make Skaia unique? It’s just another factions/SMP server. I think the answer lies within each individial player, not just 1. This all leads back to that one question. How do we, the players, and the staff, make Skaia unique? And here’s my idea. One thing that could happen is to make Skaiacraft easier to come across. I think one thing that goes with pout saying is that YouTube is a very rich, and avid source of new players to possibly come from. Some of the reasons why a server like 2b2t is still alive is because of YouTube’s influence, I think that if someone (possibly me) were to create a successful Skaiacraft series on YouTube, the server could thrive, because it would bring in players. And.. if I’ve got time today.. I’ll start the series. Today. All I’ll need is some dudes to help me get a faction that actually has players.

tl;dr: I think YouTube could possibly bring back the old player numbers, so I’m gonna start a series and see what happens. Any help is appreciated.
Posted Oct 7, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 7, 18 by Mancan7
Useful
List
Undo
OvO Vanilla-OPSkaia-God
Charms:
+73
"How do we, the players, and the staff, make Skaia unique? "

Skaia itself is unique! And we are happy with that.
As jack mentioned that we host 25 active server, basically most of them are rip-off what skaiacraft or cueballcraft have.
I'm one of them, i have my very own server hosted by Skaia, and litteraly all my players knows about it, even the new players are well and insta informed that we are part of Skaia.
I'm glad that few (unspecific number) players from my server moved to SkaiaCraft/CueballCraft,

About the creator-content, isnt all about making youtube series and starting from zero at that channel.
If there is a decent youtuber who wants to advertise our server we offer special ranks for them, and that can boost a bit the factions. However not every youtuber/streamer has a good content, design, etc. If its not watchable rip the series.
Pͪ̔ͧͨͩ͋̎͆̓̓ͬ̔̚҉̷̡̢̼̮͈͙͍̣̣͓͉̱͚̦̮̰̞̰̼̀S̳̝̖͕͉͈͍͖̣̖̝̮̜̽́̈́͋̄͌ͯ͟͟͠ͅͅŸ̢͚̱̬̞̯͓̖̪̞̞̣͔͇̯͎̻́ͩͬ̏̊̈̇̚͞ͅͅC̵̨͖͍̙̲̤̟͈̼͓̥̭̲̘̩̫̩̘̉ͣ̃̊̃̍ͤ̽͆̀͌̈́͑ͤ̂̈́̄̓͜͟ͅḦ̷̵̨̛͚̝̠̱̻̪̟̞͕͕̘̼͖̠̯͚́̅̒̇̇̿͞E̷̸̲̳̮͖̫̲̭͇̐͛̍ͦ̄͂̉ͣ̅̕͠ͅD̶͉͈̱͔̟̩̩͍̫͉̲̺̹̲̒ͫͥ̂ͣ͂͒E̡̨̱̞̙̣͐͑́ͨͤ͂͋̀̀L̶͈͖̱̻͕̼͔̘͖̯͎͓͈͇͉̞̍ͥͥͫ̅ͫ͌̍̅͐ͮ͗̿̓ͥ͋̚͢ͅI͙̞͎̬͍̮̥͕͇̤͉͂̉ͣ͂ͨͧ̔͑́̈͆̓͠C̦̘̱̩̻̞̬̻̻͓͇̈́̌̂͑̊̂̽̅͑͂̂͑̈́ͤ̏̅̏ͧ̑̀̀͜͝
Posted Oct 7, 18
Charms:
+26
Al240Mario's Cueball Story (2015-now)

I've been on cueball for a while now. It has been going up and down steadily the past two years (crazily now). Looks like we are at that "down and about to rise a little bit" point. I don't remember much about cueball in 2015, but late 2016 - 10/2018 should be enough.

I remember trying to record my first YouTube vid on skaia. I came on and already was a bit disappointed. I didn't remember skaia being that ded. It was almost full all the time (this was in 2015/16). I was like, "Hmmm. Maybe because I'm playing at night." (it was 20:00 when I came on that day)

Fast forward to 12/27/2017! I started playing more regularly. I still remember that there were around 36-55 online a day. Sounds good! Things were meh/ok for a couple months. Then came summer. In May and June, I noticed something. More and more of those players that made up the 45/60 online are getting banned (it's really their fault for breaking some rules, so yeah). However, unlike when it happened before (around 10-11/2017), there were few new players taking up the empty space. There were also some that had to return their school laptops at the end of the year. "That's ok," I thought, "It's summer. I expect new players (thinking about summer of 2017)."

Well, I was wrong. More evaders lol. Around July was when I saw cueball at its worst of the summer. 24 online...AT 14:00? I understand that there are timezones, but still, I don't remember 25/60 at 14:00. More like 39/60. However, things started to get better. I see old players returning in August (like Caco, yogo, and Juniorgirl).

I still don't see many new players that stick around for a long time. A few more rule-breakers (bans) and now we're here. 22/60. -50% when compared to the beginning of the year. I'm pretty sure it was +20% overall in 2017. Something must be wrong. I'm still thinking.
Attached Images
Your local ban evader police.
Posted Oct 8, 18 · Last edited Oct 8, 18 by Al240Mario...
Agree
List
Undo
ReptileGamingMC PUMPKIN
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+35
Oh GOSH!! I don't think Gewie is Al240Mario YT ?!!
~Peace Talks
Posted Oct 8, 18
Charms:
+26
Lol why are we off topic? Yes, I am not Gewie
Posted Tue at 09:20
Funny
List
Undo
Charms:
+1
Online on Site
the reason the cuballcraft still alive is the vannila mc and pvp enabled makes people create clans (like synergy/corp ect...) and they help each other i wish cueballcraft server to have more player maybe cueballcraft challange is nice but make it a bit more long to beat and have better rewords so peoples spent thair times playing mc and it's worth it
(that's what i'm going to do if i buy op got about 45$/79$ expect me to be op in this year or later)
[edit] maybe all op and staffs should make a plan to how to make players stay cos everyday new players come but old players leave too
[eedit] maybe we should stop killing new players and invite them to part of clan and village to make sure they donn't ragequit the server
Posted Wed at 08:56 · Last edited Wed at 9:06 by mercury
Funny
List
Undo
clyde Skaia-God
Charms:
+30
Server has a lack of active staff, it has a a few flaws but its ok.
The playerbase decreases because people have school, in the summer there were 50-60 players daily...
Posted Wed at 09:55
Agree
List
Undo
Charms:
+26
Cueball sees the most players during school breaks. People have their school laptops with them (like pancakedough111) and with many others with spare time, there are more online (around 55/60).
Posted Wed at 09:58
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
20 / 348
NoticeNotices