Page
of 2

The old Cueball PvP time shift

18 replies
Al240Mario YT PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+109
After reading through discord for a few minutes, I noticed something. I noticed that people started to bring up 12 hr. PvP (to increase factions popularity?). Now that I think about it, I think it's a GREAT idea.

First, it will protect new players who just joined the server. Let's say I just joined cueball a few days ago. I have managed to get my first set of diamond armor from mining iron, trading them into grists, and trading the grists for diamonds. Well, I needed xp to enchant the armor, so I ask in chat, "Where can I quickly get xp?" Someone replies, "./home xp" Ooo noice. The second I press enter, I see one or two players already there in full diamond gear. What will they do? I wonder.....and I'm dead. All that progress has been lost. RIP my armor, sword, tools, and a few enchanted books I just bought. >:( Wouldn't that be very frustrating? To me, yup. It's really annoying to have to ask for my stuff back and hear, "Nah," or, "Pay me a stack of grists for it." If new players are safe for 12 hours, they can safely mine and go to public homes without instantly dying every time. This will keep them interested/happy for at least some time and (yes, I'm about to say it) INCREASE THE PLAYERBASE! :d

Secondly, from what I've heard, it will make factions a little more populated again. Since the 12 hours in the morning (it's 06:00-18:00, but because of timezone differences, it's 04:00-16:00 for me) is safe time, the PvPers won't have much fun on cueball. Well, there is still factions, where they can PvP (it's 24/7 there). Creative is also another option, but I don't see many interested in it.

Speaking of creative, I fully understand why CueballCraft became a 24/7 PvP server. When creative came out in late February, we could choose between PvP and peaceful, so I see that people can move their creations to creative and choose to play peacefully all day there while cueball was coming closer to vanilla (no PvP safety hours). However, over the past 8 months, I don't see the popularity in creative increase a lot. Barely anyone goes on during the day (2/60). :/ Even the new players came to cueball. So if we want to keep those players (and even old ones) happy, why don't we protect them just a bit more?

Almost every time someone gets unexpectedly killed at a sethome (public or not), I see "HOMETRAP!" or "SPAWNKILL!" in chat. Then, some heated argument rises (in chat, on discord, and/or on forums) and one player will eventually lose (lose=ragequit="I'm done with this toxic server and its people" quit). I don't want that. It's sad to see new players quitting before they've played a month here. Will it be possible to revive the 12 hour PvP time shifts back and hopefully make Skaia (all servers, but idk about HG) better for everyone? :)

(I will be leaving the poll up for a month)
YAS! I miss the old PvP times/I'd love to see this addition!
13 votes
41.9%
Nope. The server needs to stay as close to vanilla as it currently is.
13 votes
41.9%
Meh. I don't really care.
5 votes
16.1%
Number of voters: 31
Your local Coobal (Evader) Poleez. Check profile for more info.
Posted Oct 17, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 17, 18 by Al240Mario...
Don't...
Glad Pepe
List
Undo
EWQ
Banned
Charms:
+5
Nelly Pls Read My TICKET PLS!!! :'(
Posted Oct 27, 18
Don't...
List
Undo
Nelly∞ OwnerDev
Charms:
+3,487
Online on Site
wrote:
Nelly Pls Read My TICKET PLS!!! :'(
PLS be patient with me. I do not have time to review support issues lately.
Posted Oct 27, 18
Approve
List
Undo
Al240Mario YT PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+109
Please don't beg for a ticket response (it's kinda rude and off topic here).
Posted Oct 27, 18 · OP
Don't...
List
Undo
Al240Mario YT PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+109
Well I guess it's back
Attached Images
Posted Oct 30, 18 · OP
Don't...
List
Undo
Top Voter
Charms:
+163
The non PvP hour sucks a lot for people that's in a bad timezone, they either join with full pvp or full non pvp, for real I hate and would never wish that Non-PvP hour exists again, why not just make a three day protection for noobs?
Posted Oct 31, 18
Approve
List
Undo
iLearner Member
iLearner @ vanilla.skaia.us
Charms:
+52
I fully agree with VXVaporeon201.
Posted Oct 31, 18
Top Voter
Charms:
+163
Besides, if you are expecting factions or creative to grow, it's completely impossible now.
Factions died because no one ever creates good stuff there, and the point of the server is PVP and OP items, creative? No thanks, no PvP no fun, builders might go and build, but hey, if no one sees them, what's the point of building? So they chose CueballCraft, aka Vanilla.
Even though pvp is 24/7 now, old players doesn't seem to mind, and all those who brings 12hr PvP are noobs that can't fight back at all, if you must, can you just make the server look vanilla while preventing noobs from being killed? Many players play and troll because PvP exists, and pvp sometimes is exciting, and lets just talk about the last paragraph of your post, those won't happen on players that stayed for a long time, seldom I think.
It only happens on childish players and kiddos that just joined, do you expect toxic to bring huge playerbase?
Then last, increase playerbase? No, it's gonna fall, as what all of us expect.
Posted Oct 31, 18
iLearner Member
iLearner @ vanilla.skaia.us
Charms:
+52
And *besides* the voting above proves people want 24/7 pvp.
Posted Oct 31, 18
Approve
List
Undo
DoodledBro Donor
Top Voter
Charms:
+346
Perhaps instead of making the PVP-Ttoggle every 12 hours, it could instead be every 6 hours?
-DoodledBro
Posted Oct 31, 18
Approve
Don't...
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Online users (3)
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
33 / 348