Server IP: play.skaia.us
Page
of 2

General Cracking down On toxicty

16 replies
Charms:
+29
I don't know were to start. I would like to say that we need To watch out for toxicity. It has been very common Recently Coming from a player like me i would know. Players That are toxic tend to not know that they are doing wrong When i was younger I didn't know what Being toxic truly ment. I'm Saying we should crack down harder on them But first ask If they Know what they are doing I have to give credit to SCMC for keeping me here while I didn't know any better He knew what was going on with me he had been In the same place. I would Like All y'all to consider changing up the punishment for that a bit. I don't Really know what all i am saying, I dont know How to put It out correctly
"Some Succeed Beacuse They are destined,
Others succeed because they are determined."
(Henry Van Dyke)
Posted Nov 6, 18 · OP
Sad Pepe
No
Glad Pepe
List
Undo
ParadoxFox_ Co-OwnerVanilla-OP
Charms:
+2,025
It's not a very well-known rule, but in Doctor Kat's own words, "you're allowed to ban anyone who is ruining multiple player's experiences on the server." A player's toxic behavior is valid reason to get rid of them.

With that said, I think the way we handle toxicity is okay. I'm not sure what punishment could fit the bill better than what we currently have. What do you suggest?
Hail Hydra
Posted Nov 6, 18 · Last edited Nov 6, 18 by ParadoxFox...
Agree
Informativ...
List
Undo
Charms:
+29
I mean I am Against it but I think we should have some sort of different warning system for that. Like I said I have Been In that boat before
(Henry Van Dyke)
Posted Nov 6, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Charms:
+29
I really don't know what else to say
(Henry Van Dyke)
Posted Nov 6, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
NightWalker ModPremiumVIP
Top Voter
Charms:
+134
I suggest we Burn Them All!
Posted Nov 6, 18
No
List
Undo
MushroomClown_c PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+466
Razboinic, would you be implying that we get a more advanced chat filter? Not that I'm against it, just giving my view of this conversation.
Posted Nov 6, 18
Optimistic
List
Undo
ThatWickedAsian Premium+
Top Voter
Charms:
+180
yeah like the one we had on skaia, which twisted peoples words, say I call someone a F with an a and g and it would replace it with BENT. It should be on all swear words :3
Posted Nov 7, 18
No
List
Undo
Charms:
+273
I totally understand what you're trying to say. Younger aged persons tend to not be aware of their actions and emotional factors on someone else. They unconsciously do bad things through the innocence of youth. Yes they are required to know all the rules before playing on any server, but do they really understand the meaning of these words? these phrases? Not really.

So I suggest, for this one thing, we actually teach them about what it means to be toxic.

Google Meaning of Toxic: poisonous

Elaborated Meaning of Toxic: Emotionally/Physically/Verbally Abusive to any living entity that can process emotions. Especially, players on a Minecraft server. When you carry about yourself in this "poisonous" manner, you poison/spoil the game for everyone concerned.

Thankfully, In this case, it's not hard to realize you're being toxic. Put yourself in the targeted audience's shoes and do as you would. Remember, it's never to late to say sorry. Simply say, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that would have had a bad emotional impact on you!. I'm still learning to be kind!

I think, In game, we should have a link to open an elaborated meaning of toxic.
Two souls of the same intentions will always meet before death.
Posted Nov 7, 18
Glad Pepe
Agree
Optimistic
List
Undo
Charms:
+29
Yes i am
(Henry Van Dyke)
Posted Nov 7, 18 · OP
Charms:
+29
Muzy Thank you Thats what i was geting at. I Am very Bad at expressing stuff like that.
(Henry Van Dyke)
Posted Nov 7, 18 · OP
<3
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us