Server IP: play.skaia.us
Page
of 2

My thoughts about 12h PvP

15 replies
xSlayerz VIP+
Charms:
+1
I, xSlayerz, want to talk about s-vanilla a bit because I saw Firepig's report and its replies. Some are very dumb, people say we came back to this because new players get killed a lot. 12h PvP doesn't save them at all; new players can also join at first during pvp hours or non-pvp hours. And we, pvpers, we are NOT tryhards. This means we don't kill any new players we see, or any random armorless person. PvP in admin claims and most shops is prohibited, and whoever goes there strictly to pvp *cough* Nightwalker, should be punished.

I'm tired of waking up early for a few hours of pvp or running fast from school for 5 minutes of it. Me, just like many others from several spots in Europe and Asia have to do this exact thing for pvp. Factions is still 1.8 pvp but non-fighters say its 1.9 because of sweeps and knock hits. But it is not.
There are not many pvpers around in this server, but that does not mean we have to forget about our favourite thing. Some players, just like me, only play here for PvP. Yes, the only reason why I am still here after one year is for the PvP because my premium account is lost and I don't know any other 1.9 pvp server.
I agree with the concept of 2day shield for new players OR pvp protection in some public and well-known places, such as /home xp and /home iShop. This is a survival server, and survival mostly means fighting. No matter what entity it is, survival is mostly fighting. In a survival-based server, pvp is a must have. Locking pvp and protecting cowards behind a timer is a stupid idea and there were absolutely no complains during the non stop pvp months. You came back to this s*** because 2-3 players were not okay with it.

Message for cowards and non-pvpers, but for admins as well - there are many methods to protect yourself from pvp, and a clock is definitely the worst. I was thinking of a passive mode similar to gta online, where players can enter or exit it anytime with delayed command, and when they are in passive mode they will be fully protected from pvp but they wont be able to attack mobs either, but still take damage from them. If you think this is a bad idea, just think about it. It is not worse than a 12h clock, is it? This can also help players be less scared and more mean. Were growing a nation of girly Minecraft players with this pvp limitation. I hope my message is clear and admins will take this into consideration.
BRING BACK 24/7 PVP
Posted Dec 27, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 27, 18 by xSlayerz
No
Funny
List
Undo
NightWalker ModPremiumVIP
Top Voter
Charms:
+135
PvP in admin claims is not possible but do tell why you think that anyone that goes to shops to kill should be punished.
Apart from that statement I actually agree with the majority of this. This is a SURVIVAL server - you are meant to survive by protecting yourself and being smart, not by hiding behind PvP timers.

PvP is a main part of the game and restricting it because players are too lazy to do anything like be smart about their decisions and actions, to protect themselves from PvP, just sucks for the other people who actually take part. And then there are those who have the audacity to complain about dying during the 12 hours of PvP.

Unless there were complaints in private I saw hardly any about 24 Hour PvP and know a large number of the servers PvP player base would love to have 24 Hour PvP back.
Posted Dec 27, 18 · Last edited Dec 27, 18 by NightWalke...
Charms:
+37
This would've been a good suggestion until you brought up player names, swearing and passive-aggressive speech lol.
Posted Dec 27, 18
FlareZ PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+466
Nice suggestion. Even though its probably been made countless amounts of times. Personally I would be satisfied with a 6h PvP rotation. Its a bit nice to know that you won't turn around while building and be met with some ones sword. But 24h PvP isn't bad either. :p
Posted Dec 27, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Charms:
+1
Ouch. Was good but ya ruined it with your clear bias. Nice one m8
Posted Dec 27, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Implazion PremiumMember
Charms:
+1,091
the world doesn’t cater to just you kid, some people have a different style of play and that’s just how it is
Posted Dec 28, 18
Informativ...
Agree
List
Undo
xSlayerz VIP+
Charms:
+1
Purple wrote:
the world doesn’t cater to just you kid, some people have a different style of play and that’s just how it is

This is just my reaction and opinions to this pvp limit, no need to start judging opinions. And I know I'm not the center of the universe. I understand that things don't go the way I want and there are always 2 bases for the ones who agree and disagree.
Posted Dec 28, 18 · OP
Al240Mario YT PUMPKINVIP
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+128
Well, sorry everyone, but it was partially my fault that the owners switched to 12 hr. PvP. I wish I had put more thought into the PvPers side in my poll.

Now, I do agree with the 6 hours suggestion, as it will enable more people in different timezones to be able to PvP during some of the time they are on.

wrote:
Message for cowards and non-pvpers, but for admins as well - there are many methods to protect yourself from pvp, and a clock is definitely the worst. I was thinking of a passive mode similar to gta online, where players can enter or exit it anytime with delayed command, and when they are in passive mode they will be fully protected from pvp but they wont be able to attack mobs either, but still take damage from them.

xSlayerz that's what Creative is lol
Im not banned evaders. All scared me!
Posted Dec 28, 18 · Last edited Dec 28, 18 by Al240Mario...
xSlayerz VIP+
Charms:
+1
nobody plays in creative servers smh
Posted Dec 28, 18 · OP
Charms:
+244
Maybe players should just have the option to disable pvp with other players, 2 minute cooldown, and switching between announced to everyone publicly so it's harder to exploit. Also there should be the ability for the owner of a claim to be able to disable pvp on it, for stores or any other case where fighting isn't appreciated with an associated cooldown, but probably not an announcement, so that way a private arena is had (especially if public) and other pvp'ers (which will likely not be very, friendly) don't suddenly flock to it.
Posted Dec 28, 18 · Last edited Dec 28, 18 by Dnarbnelli...
No
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Online users (1)
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
15 / 300
NoticeNotices