Page
of 2

My thoughts about 12h PvP

15 replies
NightWalker ModPremiumVIP
Top Voter
Charms:
+136
I don't think that'd be a great idea, people would abuse the /pvp off command as they have done in the past. The problem with your suggestion is that it's heavily Anti - PvP. Being that this is a semi-vanilla survival server and staff have said that it'd be better if the server stay as Vanilla as possible I'd like to think giving the players the chance to turn pvp off and on in their claims would be shifting the server even further away from Vanilla.

I do think we should be encouraging players to actually play the game properly , most people would turn pvp off simply because they're too lazy to go through the game how it should be played by protecting themselves, and it would have an even worse outcome for PvPers than 12 hour pvp.
Posted Dec 29, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Elsker_Kraken PUMPKINVIP+
Pumpkin Person
Charms:
+13
lets put it this way, not everybody likes PvP as much as nightwalker. Night would probably actually kill someone if it meant keeping pvp on when he wants it to be on.

But there are people that absolutely hate PvP. PvP is ONE part of minecraft,but it should not be to the point where you gotta be watching your back constantly because someone might kill you when you're just trying to gather resources or kill the ender dragon and then someone sees that you summoned the dragon again so they go and kill you while you're fighting it and they wont stop trying to kill you even when you literally only have a couple of bottles in your inventory. The whole ENTIRE other part of minecraft is, you know, building, mining, crafting.

If you cant tell i've had bad experiences with Night killing me over and over in the end, but whatever. Who cares if someone shows bias? If yall wont let people show bias against pvp, why let people show bias for pvp?

After all I've said, I do think there should be a PvP toggle every 6 hours so that mostly everybody DOES have a chance of being able to play without being hunted down constantly.
"Ding Dong DEaD boy on youR poRch" -Elsker Kraken 6/5/18
Posted Dec 29, 18
<3
Useful
Glad Pepe
List
Undo
Charms:
+1
lets put it this way, not everybody likes PvP as much as nightwalker. Night would probably actually kill someone if it meant keeping pvp on when he wants it to be on.

But there are people that absolutely hate PvP. PvP is ONE part of minecraft,but it should not be to the point where you gotta be watching your back constantly because someone might kill you when you're just trying to gather resources or kill the ender dragon and then someone sees that you summoned the dragon again so they go and kill you while you're fighting it and they wont stop trying to kill you even when you literally only have a couple of bottles in your inventory. The whole ENTIRE other part of minecraft is, you know, building, mining, crafting.

If you cant tell i've had bad experiences with Night killing me over and over in the end, but whatever. Who cares if someone shows bias? If yall wont let people show bias against pvp, why let people show bias for pvp?

After all I've said, I do think there should be a PvP toggle every 6 hours so that mostly everybody DOES have a chance of being able to play without being hunted down constantly.
Posted Dec 29, 18
xSlayerz VIP+
Charms:
+1
Elsker is somehow right... I love pvp as much as Nightwalker does, but he is a tryhard. there are countless times he stalked me. I want to pvp someone else but he comes and kills both players, lol. but this will not change my mind about 6h or nonstop pvp.
Posted Dec 29, 18 · OP
No
Agree
List
Undo
Charms:
+244
Hey, with my idea, this will keep all of the noobs, under-armored, and just plain unwilling players from having to deal with pvp, many get rather irked when they are killed over and over again, and very little can be done. My idea also has a 2 minute cooldown + when anyone switches, it's announced so someone can't sneak around killing people, there would also be (now that I think about it) a 30 second period each time they switched before it takes effect. Also, for the pvp switching on claims, there would be an announcement, but only to those on the claim. Basically this makes it very, very difficult to play the system, please let me know how else this can be exploited.
Posted Dec 30, 18 · Last edited Dec 30, 18 by Dnarbnelli...
xSlayerz VIP+
Charms:
+1
Most of these last ideas are just bad regarding a semivanilla server. We should make good suggestions where we talk about what we want, pulling the server closer to vanilla instead of dragging it away with all those /pvp commands and plugins. Non stop pvp for the win
6hour pvp is a-ok
Posted Jan 4, 19 · OP
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
25 / 370
NoticeNotices