Page
of 2

Banned Players Using VPN to Escape Ban

11 replies
Luminator97 Vanilla-OP
Top Voter
Charms:
+46
Hi, my name is Luminator97, also known as Lumi, Loomi, Lumiiiii, and others.

A couple of weeks ago, I banned a player for duping (PeanutButterJucy), and now, today, this player has been using VPN's to escape his ban and joining every few minutes, long enough to change his IP. It gets tiresome banning his new account every minute. So, now to the actual reason for this thread.

I propose we remove the ability to use VPNs to play the server. It;s basically giving the banned players a "Get Out Of Jail Free card" If a player is banned, BOOM, they can join again with a new ip. Please give any advise you have, because at this point I don't care if everyone's opinion is against mine, as long as I got this message off of my chest.

Get_out_of_jail_free.jpg
Yes, disallow VPNs
9 votes
27.3%
No, let players use VPNs
9 votes
27.3%
I use a VPN
9 votes
27.3%
I don't use a VPN
6 votes
18.2%
Number of voters: 23
SPOILER_images.jpeg
Posted Mar 1, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 1, 19 by Luminator9...
Sad Pepe
List
Undo
NHK PUMPKINVIP
Top Voter
Charms:
Holy sheep no
The only thing that lets me connect in a bad internet scenario (joined left joined left ..loop) is a vpn. Meaning if it is disabled i am being yeeted away
Posted Mar 4, 19
Charms:
+69
I like your idea lumi
There is one underlying issue which is that some players are forced to use a con as they could be playing in a public place. Skaia dissaproving for VPN’s would b incorrect as they are great for security reasons. Although ban evaders use them

So, there should be a system that if a player joins with a vpn there is a message sent to the staff members saying to keep a eye on the player as it could be a ban evader. This way if players want to join with a vpn to hide their ip, they are still able to
Posted Mar 4, 19
Agree
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Online users (0)
No users online.
play.skaia.us
Factions & Minigames Hub
20 / 370
NoticeNotices